Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We Ended Up With a Trampoline

Before I get to the trampoline I must tell you about Camden's fish. He named him Fishy but I called him Swamp Fish. I called him Swamp Fish because admittedly, his fish tank was always a murky color and shallow, in other words it needed to be cleaned. My Mom gave me a hard time whenever she would visit and say things about his tank that began with "that poor fish..."

He had (yes I said had, you can tell where this story is going) lived close to three years in various states of uncleanliness and seemed very happy. After all, I'm sure a beta's natural habitat isn't in crystal clear water that's decorated with blue sparkly rocks and an alligator figurine holding a sign that says "No Fishing!" But that's just a guess.

Anyway...
My Mom came to visit and help with the kiddos last week and decided to clean the fish tank. She had the best of intentions but sadly we woke up the next morning with a floating fish. Apparently I was very in tune to the Swamp Fish's needs; he did like it swampy after all.

We broke the news to Camden who didn't have much of a reaction except to declare that "I miss my best friend" which prompted Nana to announce we were going to go buy a new fish. Our outing began with a stop by Sam's for a few necessities where we saw what has to be the perfect little trampoline for a three year old. It's about seven feet across and a foot and a half off the ground. We ventured down the aisle to check out the price. (again, you know where this story is going) Camden asked Nana "Will you buy that trampoline for me? That trampoline right there?" After a call to Papaw for the okay, we loaded up a cart with a trampoline.

Camden has jumped on it everyday since we got it put together. He'll declare "This is sure a nice present for Nana and Papaw to buy me. I like to jump on my trampoline." Heaven forbid Nana every kills something bigger than a fish, who knows what he'll talk her into buying.







Long story short:
Camden's fish died and he ended up with a trampoline.


1 comment:

Patty said...

hahaha!! That's an awesome trade!! Gotta love Nana and Papaw!!! Looks like Camden is having a blast with the trampoline!! and Nice that it is a "short" trampoline.