Sunday, January 11, 2009

Exhausted

Camden normally takes his morning nap sometime between 8:30 and 9:00 and sleeps anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half. Today was the exception to that scenario. I laid him down at 8:40 and he was awake at 9:15. Normally I wouldn't worry about it because he'd simply take a longer nap after lunch but we were going to go to lunch with some friends after church and a "normal" nap time wouldn't be possible.

Camden was great during church but started to look a little drowsy after we picked him up from the nursery. He dozed off just a few minutes before arriving at Chili's but was wide awake once we sat down at our table. He ate a really good lunch, "talked" with everyone, played with a couple of straws, and flirted with the people at the tables surrounding us. I knew he had to be getting tired.

We left the restaurant around two o'clock with a very tired little boy. Once in the car he started to doze off. I did my best to keep him awake until we got home so that I could change his diaper and put him to bed...that didn't happen. He was out cold (and I mean COLD) by the time we returned home.

I had to change his diaper before laying him down and was a little nervous about how easily he'd go back to sleep. Fortunately, it wasn't a problem. He never woke up. He was so exhausted he slept through the transition out of the car, through the diaper change and an additional two hours before waking with a big smile!
He was so exhausted...poor baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These kids I tell ya, truly amazing! He is such I doll please give him a kiss from me. Miss you all.

Love Christine

Anonymous said...

awww, poor baby! He looks absolutely zonked! I kinda feel that way today too. Maybe I should take a nap after work. hmmm...

Susanlee said...

I SO wish I could nap like that. Lately *every little sound* has made me wake up. He looks so peaceful!

JANE4girls said...

too cute, I wish my kids would sleep like that still...heck, I wish I would sleep like that.