Friday, July 23, 2010

Patience

Camden, like most small children, wants what he wants when he wants it. We often have to tell him to wait and be patient. This is not an easy lesson for any child (and sometime adults) to learn.
Which brings me to my Camden story:

Camden loves to help with the laundry. He will help put clothes into the washer, pour in the soap and wait anxiously for the wash cycle to begin while asking "It start now? It start now?"
approximately 20 times before it finally starts.



This morning we loaded up the washer and poured in the soap. Camden promptly asked, "It start now?" to which I replied "It has to finish filling up before the wash will start. Remember it takes a little while." Camden watched the water fill for a few seconds before responding, "I know. I just have to be patient."

My heart just melted.

No comments: