Friday, December 9, 2011

Gingerbread Men

I have been trying to incorporate some type of Christmas craft a few days a week. Camden doesn't go to MDO anymore (and hasn't for almost a year) so I don't get the messy yet cute things to hang up in the kitchen. I've taken it upon myself, being the "teacher" that I am, to have the boys do some hands on, good ol' fashioned, messy art. We've made Christmas trees which I didn't take any pictures of and are currently working on a nativity scene, but in between those two projects we made gingerbread men.





I found a template online (via google images), printed out one for each of the boys, dressed them up in their aprons/smocks, slopped some brown paint on the paper and let them get busy with their brushes. Camden was very meticulous, making sure he filled in every little white spot with paint while Deegan swirled the paint around in wide strokes before tiring of the paper and painting his face.



I haven't taken a picture of the finished product with wiggly eyes, cooked mouths and buttons but I will tell you honestly that they are adorable and a little funny looking.

No comments: